Pular para o conteúdo principal

Why English?

There are two ways of looking at education.

Some students choose to see education as a means to an end. In this perspective, the classes they take have the purpose of introducing them to specific skills that will help them find employment or get a better job.

Other students prefer to see education as an end in itself. In this perspective, the main purpose that classes serve is one of enrichment. Such students believe that the most important things we learn in any class are not necessarily measurable. In these students' views, education allows us to better understand ourselves and others, thus preparing us to participate more fully in the worlds around us.

Most students would probably describe their own outlooks as combining elements from the above two. However, no matter where you fall in these categories, the study of English will benefit you in innumerable ways.

Many English majors have gone to work in a variety of fields, such as business, communications, management training programs, education, advertising, law, and social services.

http://www.palomar.edu/english/why_english.htm


Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

ENGLISH FOR BEGINNERS : GRAMMAR VERB TO BE

ENGLISH FOR BEGINNERS

HELLO EVERYONE. LET'S PRACTICE OUR SO FAR KNOWLEDGE. PLEASE, FIRST DESCRIBE THE NATIONALITES AS FOLLOWS: E.G.: In Italy people are Italian and speak Italian too. or In Austria people are Austrian but speak German. THEN, DESCRIBE THE PARTS OF THE HOUSE BELOW BY USING: THERE IS ..... OR THERE ARE.... E.g.: In this house there is a garden, there are some bedrooms.

ENGLISH I STUDENT - LOOK AT BIRA!!!!!!!

Hello, my name is Ubirajara Duarte. Bira is my nickname. I'm twenty years old. I'm a civil engineer to be . I study at UFCG. I live in Campina Grande, but I'm from Alagoinha in Paraíba. I speak portuguese and a little English. I'm studying English to interact with the world. See you.